The Office of Communications and Marketing provides integrated communications and marketing services to support and promote the missions and strategic initiatives of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, the Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station, and Virginia Cooperative Extension.
Publicity and Media Relations
Media relations activities include producing news and informational articles, videos, social media, and other collateral that portray the impact of the research, teaching, and programs of the college, VAES, and Extension.
The Communications and Marketing team can provide the following services:
- Produce and distribute news releases and informational articles to the media;
- Publicize events and programs to internal and external audiences;
- Foster relationships with media outlets;
- Create content for college, Extension, and university publications and websites;
- Advise and train faculty and staff members on how to effectively work with the media;
- Serve as the liaison between the college and the Office of University Relations;
- Develop and maintain social media sites for the college and Extension.
If you or your department, research team, or Extension program has news that may be worthy of sharing with internal or external audiences, the Communications and Marketing team wants to hear from you. The information may be used in some of the following ways:
- News stories to the public
- Internal communication
- Social media posts
- Messages to stakeholders and alumni
Stories are made available to the media and the general public through VT News, as well as the college and Extension websites. Selected stories are distributed nationally.
Resource Network Guide
Virginia Tech's Resource Network Guide helps campus communicators and the university community fulfill their marketing and communications needs.
In partnership with the university's Procurement department, University Relations identified and vetted vendors in a variety of specialties and secured competitively negotiated university contracts for high-quality creative services. These contracts are available through HokieMart.